Sometimes, the death of a prominent world figure calls for mourning; sometimes it calls for sober reflection; and sometimes, on rare occasions, it calls for humor. Last night's assassination of Osama bin Laden is such an occasion. Here is a sampling of Bin Laden jokes I've found online today:
1) It sure seems like Obama’s job as a secret Muslim operative imposing Sharia law on the US just got a whole lot harder.
2) How do we know he’s really dead? I demand to see the long form death certificate!
3) Oh thank goodness! Now the world is safe again, and nothing bad will ever happen.
4) So how did it go down? Some Special Forces guys creep in there and turn off his dialysis machine?
5) Hopefully, he didn’t leave any horcruxes.
6) Good news: bin Laden is dead, bad news: have to hunt down zombie bin Laden now.
7) I was wondering what the hell was going on when I turned on Fox and saw the headlines – ‘Black man assaults, kills elderly senior citizen in his home.'
8) Reagan would have parachuted in and strangled him to death with his own two hands, like a REAL American!
9) Right now Bin Laden is standing in the middle of a convention looking at 72 backpack-wearing, bespectacled Star Trek enthusiasts and thinking...'You gotta be fucking kidding me'.
10) He's not only merely dead, he's really most sincerely dead.
[Sources: Twitter (1), Crooked Timber (2-4, 7), Tumblr (5-6), Friends on Facebook (8-10)]